Purpose of Policy
What types of information do we collect?
The type of personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on the type of dealings that you have with us.
For example, in order to process a request or enquiry from you, we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and, in the case of a member’s listing, a method of payment.
We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how they operate in the relevant section of this policy below.
We also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Site, activities you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site.
If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too.
Information that we collect from third parties, such as credit information which we use to prevent and detect fraud, information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third party such as a social media or travel opinions site where you have asked us to share your data with them.
Sensitive information is personal information such as health information and information about racial or ethnic origin that is generally afforded a higher level of privacy protection. We only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our business functions and you have consented, or we are required to do so by law. This may be necessary for our activity providers to manage the risk of their activities and your safety.
Information other than personal information (“non-personal information”)
When you visit the Site, some of the information that is collected about your visit is not personal information, because it does not reveal your identity. We use this information to help us improve our services. We may aggregate this information for our own statistical purposes. Provided that it remains anonymous, we may disclose that aggregated information to third parties for marketing or other business related purposes.
We gather and share information concerning the usage of the Site by members and travellers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. In this connection, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called a “clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use Web Beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
How do we collect personal information?
Methods of collection
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means as required by the Privacy Act. We will also collect personal information directly from you where this is reasonable and practicable.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you in person, by email, over the telephone, through written communications (such as letters and faxes) or by you completing forms or submitting information on the Site;
- Through our Site, for example if you make an enquiry to a property owner, or if you purchase a subscription to list advertise your property;
- From third parties,
- including: direct marketing database providers,our related companies,
- public sources, such as telephone directories,
- membership lists of business, professional and trade associations,
- ASIC searches;
- From our own records of your use of our services.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- To identify you and verify your identity;
- To communicate with you about our services;
- To contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates;
- To assist people you have done business with. For example if you are an owner and a traveller who has booked or enquired with you needs your details we may pass them on; if you are a traveller and an owner you have booked with needs to contact you we may give them your details;
- To customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- for any other purposes that you have consented to.
Where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law, we may contact you with information about our products and the services on the Site, or those of our Guidedzone group and/or our affiliates. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time, by either contacting Customer Support, or by using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our commercial electronic messages (i.e., email) to opt out of receiving those messages.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a valid, legally-compliant request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We may also share your personal data with:
- One of our partners if you’ve requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
- Another member if you have done business with them;
- Our companies and/or affiliates;
- Other companies we work with to feature all or part of our member’s property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to Guidedzones business. This might include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites;
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account; or
- Our contracted services providers, including:
- Information technology service providers (including cloud services providers);
- Marketing, communications and research agencies;
- Mailing houses, postal, freight and courier service providers;
- Printers and distributors of direct marketing materials;
- External business advisers (such as recruitment advisers, auditors and lawyers).
- If you choose to send an enquiry to a member on a Site, your personal information, including your email address and any other information you supply (unless the Site specifies otherwise), will be visible to the relevant member so that they can reply directly to you. Enquiries sent using the Guidedzone system are also available for review to a limited number of customer service employees, who may be asked by a member or others for their past enquiry information.
In the case of these contracted service providers, we may disclose personal information to the service provider and the service provider may in turn provide us with personal information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
We may de-identify and aggregate the personal information of you and others for our own statistical purposes. Provided that it remains permanently de-identified, we may disclose that aggregated information to third parties or publish it for marketing or research purposes.
If you post comments or otherwise communicate publicly with other users via our Site, any information about yourself that you include in the communication may be stored on the Site and accessed by other users. For this reason, we encourage you to use discretion when deciding whether to post any information that can be used to identify you.
Transfer of your personal information
The personal information we hold about a user (such as name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify that user. Users can update their personal information anytime from within the ‘My Account’ area of the Site.
Data quality and security
Guidedzone is committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep users’ personal information in a secure environment. For instance, each users’ personal information is encrypted whilst being sent to our server at the time of setting up an account. However, security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet.
Guidedzone security measures are designed to assist in ensuring that users’ personal information is not accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the contact details blow.
The security of your sensitive financial details is important to us. Credit card details are never stored by Guidedzone. Credit card data is encrypted when being transferred through the payment gateway. Not only are all transactions secured using industry strength SSL encryption but, as additional protection, we also enforce the entry of the 3 or 4 digit credit card security numbers (CVN).
Phishing or False emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at Customer Support.
Links to third party websites
Access and correction of your personal information
You have a right to get a copy from us of the personal information we hold about them. If you wish to receive a copy of this information, please address your request to the contact details below. We will deal with your request promptly and in any case, at least within 30 days of the date of receiving it. We will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you at your request.
Please Contact Us if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information.
Changes to this Policy