The extended Larapinta Trail in the Northern Territory covers 223 kilometres (139 mi) and is walked traditionally from east to west. The start of the trail at the eastern end begins at Alice Springs. It travels in a westerly direction to its endpoint at Mount Sonder, one of the territory’s highest mountains. It traverses the West MacDonnell Ranges, sometimes along the ridge line, other times on the plain below, in the West MacDonnell National Park.
This 6 day fully supported Larapinta Trail trek takes you from Serpentine Gorge to Mt Sonder and visits some of the must see and do things in the West MacDonnell National Park. Locations include Simpsons Gap, Ellery Creek, Ormiston Gorge, Redbank Gorge, Serpentine Gorge, Serpertine Chalet Dam, the Ochre Pits and Counts Point. It finales at the summit of the magnificent Mount Sonder in time for sunrise on the final day.
Availability: On request between April and September with a maximum of 10 walkers
• top of the range tent (twin share)
• bed linen, pillow and good quality sleeping bag
• all camping and catering equipment
• you meals are provided for the duration of the trek along with snacks for the trail
• transportation provided including hotel pick up and drop off
• all National Park permit fees
• emergency communication facilities
• professional support from a local and qualified guide;
What to Bring – A detailed itinerary will be forwarded upon booking confirmation with all details including what to bring.
Closed shoes suitable for long days on the trail. Runners are fine;
Water bottle (1-2L full) important especially in summer there are no shops nearby;
Comfortable non-restrictive clothing to allow freedom on the trail (appropriate for the weather at the time).
Cameras and binocluars as per your preferrences;
A daypack for any personal items durign each days walk;
Any Personal medication requirements.